How to play guide for Curse of the Dead Gods
This page will serve as a basic how to play guide for Curse of the Dead Gods. While there is very little information available at this time, we urge you to check back often, as new information is being added all the time! Feel free to edit this guide with any tips, tricks, and suggestions.
Basic gameplay[edit | edit source]
The game is set in a dark temple where shadows and lights are a main mechanic: traps and enemies can be hide inside the darkness of the temple.
The gameplay of Curse of the Dead Gods is about stances which are:
- Torch stance: used to scatter light around yourself. It will allow you to see deadly traps and enemies. It can be used to immolate enemies and spread light.
- Main stance:
- Main-hand weapon: quick but low damage weapon (claws, swords, maces).
- Off-hand weapon: weapon used to finish off enemies (shields, pistols, daggers).
- Heavy stance: Heavy or distance two hands weapons heavy but powerful (spears, hammers, bows).
To use the different stances, we consume endurance which is represented by 5 little white squares under your character. Each action (or combo of action depending of the stance you are using) uses endurance. To retrieve endurance, you have to do to nothing which could consume it and it will quickly comes back.
After these offensives mechanics, there is two defensive mechanics:
- Dodge: a quick roll which can be perfect which means you doge at the right time. When doing a perfect roll, you gain back an endurance point. Some weapon can deal more damage after it too.
- Parry: when used at the right time, counter the next incoming attack and stun enemy for a short duration. Moreover it weakened the enemy which will take more damage for a short time.